God.
In an effort to be closer to you
to know you more
to involve you in our lives more than we have,
I hope this journal will help me
to pray to you
and bring things to you
more than I do.
I pray it's a place I can come and vent
a place I can give things to you and trust you to control them.
I hope it's a way of prayer you don't mind.
I pray I will see the ways you have answered our prayers, whether it's how we thought or not, through this journal.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
God,
Devin and I are both in places at work where we feel...defeated daily. Bored? Lazy? Tired of it? Need a change? I can't quite figure out what it is, but we both feel something- some feeling of needing to move along.
And yet, I stay in this job day in and day out. I let things get to me. I let things upset me, and I have more bad days than good. I read a Proverbs 31 today called, "Do the work", and it was so encouraging. No matter what I go through, what makes me upset, I need to just do the work and know you are with me.
Devin seems a bit insecure in a job change. I think we both are. Insurance, travel, moving...Lord, help us to trust that you will work it all out. Our lease is up in March and we will needed to decide on where to live, etc...etc...etc.
Lord send jobs our way. Make the ones you want for us very very evident. Please provide an affordable and fun place to live for us. Lord help us to trust you with all of it.
Amen.